BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

My Aphorisms ( Do Not Copy )

When today seems like hell, bear in mind that tomorrow will be heaven. Don’t lose hope and faith - They are the tools needed for our survival. When darkness seems to engulf you, spit back the brightness within you. A poet is an artist who paints a picture in your mind. All an agonized soul needs is some time to regain the lost strength. A Paradox is like a bride – blissful enough to enter the future yet petrified enough to run away from it. Failure is what you didn’t make of and success is what you make of. A battle of one’s soul can be won only with exculpation and not with retribution. Life is a reality lived in fantasy. Poetry is a chimera of one’s nostalgia.

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sacrifice


You were quick and astute
I was naive and susceptible
Why didn’t I see the real you
Did you think life can be a dabble

You hid behind the pretty mask
How was I to comprehend?
Love made me a bask
Your false pretences, I was portended

Dreams have become my other world
I see you running in fear
Dashing down while the stairs whirled
He is chasing you like a deer

I knock his gun off
And with a blow on his head, he falls
You take my hand ahead of a trough
And with a heavy valise we climb the stairs

He pursues with a thirst of demise
Before I know, he grabs me to a patio
All you can hear are my anguish cries
While he torments and violates me like a psycho

At least I know that I have protected you
He chokes me with all his strength
With painful eyes you stare at me as I whisper ‘I love you’
Before I close my eyes and leave you beneath

What is the point in holding me now?
Your tears will never bring me back
The truth, you will never know
That it was you who killed me.

This was a dream I had today and wanted to write about it. This is my first poem. Hope it came out well.

Picture link - http://luvbat13.deviantart.com/art/Pain-129890540

2 Reactions:

Ashika said...

So beautiful Sush...I can imagine the pain you would have gone through while dreaming it. It came out more than well girl!! Superb!

Enigma said...

Thanks dear... :) ... It is a nice way to vent out my feelings...