BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

My Aphorisms ( Do Not Copy )

When today seems like hell, bear in mind that tomorrow will be heaven. Don’t lose hope and faith - They are the tools needed for our survival. When darkness seems to engulf you, spit back the brightness within you. A poet is an artist who paints a picture in your mind. All an agonized soul needs is some time to regain the lost strength. A Paradox is like a bride – blissful enough to enter the future yet petrified enough to run away from it. Failure is what you didn’t make of and success is what you make of. A battle of one’s soul can be won only with exculpation and not with retribution. Life is a reality lived in fantasy. Poetry is a chimera of one’s nostalgia.

Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Lesson in Self – Annihilation




    
Where am I?
Unsighted in the dark
I stumble over things with blind eye
I have finally fallen with no bulwark

   
I faintly remember my life
Disgust for the existence I had
Left in isolation like a lowlife
In all aspects of my time I was deceived

  
 Why me? I cried to god
I waited, without any answer
I was left in an untrod
Let down yet again, a failure

    
Departing was my only option
Cutting my wrists
Brought me retribution
From my sinfulness

   
Many times I attempted to die
That many times I failed in vain
'My last oppurtunity' I whispered, with a sigh
I fell from the tallest building, crashing down like a plane

   
'I have landed somewhere' I inferred, finally!
'But where am I' I thought feeling my blains
I listened to the souls howling in agony
Saw two black like shadows with huge chains

   
Chaining my legs and hands, to hell I was dragged
In glee they threw me in the lake of burning sulphur, obeying satan
Screaming with ghastliness I fell, with excruciating pain I sagged
In comparison my life was much sweeter, 'What have I done?'

      
NOOOOOO! I woke up panting from the nightmare
'Forgive me Lord' I prayed in delight
For trials and tribulations are parts of life, for my welfare
My death is only god's right

    
I was inspired to write about self annihilation. At least one point in our lives we go down 'that' road. There is always a solution to our problem irrespective of the solution being sweet or sour. If there's a will, there's always a way. Hope this poem came out well.

Picture link - http://kircalive.blogspot.com/2009_01_01_archive.html

2 Reactions:

Unknown said...

awesome susu!!!!!!!one of ur best works!! :)

Enigma said...

Thanks siisiii....